Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

“A place to write about puzzles and pieces for enthusiastic puzzle-making people that don't speak Spanish “

Moderador: selene

Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

Notapor 3h » Vie Jul 01, 2011 11:30

Hello everybody,
several weeks ago I wrote an online jigsaw game. I tried to do my best and I'm interested in your opinion. Here is a link (it's a Facebook game so requires Facebook account):

http://apps.facebook.com/electricjigsawpuzzle

And looks like this:
Imagen

What do you think? What are your ideas?
Thanks, Tom
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Re: Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

Notapor puzzle » Vie Jul 01, 2011 18:41

Hello,
I am sorry but I don't have a Facebook account.

I have played with some on-line jigsaw puzzle games and my opinion that they are good for time wasting, like other games (cards, dices, ...) nothing compared to real ones.

-bye
Visita els meus videos a:/Visita mis vídeos en:/Visit my videos at:
Vimeo/Puzzle
puzzle
Adolescente Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Sab Jul 02, 2011 08:52

All right :)
In a matter of fact my aim was to create an online game as close to mechanical jigsaw puzzles as possible. Obviously it's still quite different from real game ;)
I made a temporary, direct link for you:

http://tszych.com/ElectricJigsawPuzzle/fb/puzzlesypiezas.html

Invitations and publishing won't work. In some time I will prepare a real off-facebook version :)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 21:31

Hi Tom!
Welcome to our website!

I have tried your puzzle and I liked it, it's quite similar to other online puzzles. Though, I think the maximum number of pieces is too much to do it online because of the time you have to spend looking at the screen, it could be very tiring for your eyes.

I would reduce the possible number of pieces. Or if it could be possible you could work out something to save the progress and continue later (I suppose this is not possible unless you login or something like that?)

The pictures are nice :D

Good luck! -good
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Marca Preferida: Clementoni
Temática Favorita: Paisajes, animales
Puzzle Actual: 3000 - Educa- Lake Como Landing, H. Behrens

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 22:21

Wow I just realized you can select a lot of pieces at the same time and move them together to clear space. That's a good idea! -good
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 23:52

Two pieces got united accidentally and now I can't turn them so I can't finish the puzzle.

I think you should be able to turn a group of pieces too.

Imagen
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Notapor 3h » Dom Jul 03, 2011 08:58

Nice to meet you, selene :)

sory about this bug, it has never happened before and I couldn't reproduce it. I've just made several improvements to prevent sth like this to happen again. It should never be possible to join pieces that are not rotated properly.

As for the maximum number of pieces it is really high. Even more than 2000 pieces if you have 1920x1080 (HD) resolution. And max jigsaw I composed was 300 pieces with rotations turned off and it was finished by my wife actually -tongue. But I'm not an expert ;). I agree that saving a game would be a nice option and I plan to do it although it's quite hard to do technically. Untill then we can set lower numbers of pieces ;). I could even try to do it without "logging in" mechanism.

Comparing to other online games that I found on internet Electric Jigsaw Puzzle has some new features:

- wider range of pieces to cut image into - lets say from 8 to 2000 (depends on screen resolution)
- each jigsaw is generated randomly, plugs and holes are in random places and even puzzle shapes are random so each jigsaw is different
- you can scale your image using the white arrow
- full advantage of fullscreen mode (however I realize some players don't like fullscreen)
- nice high resolution pictures

thanks for your advices :)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor selene » Lun Jul 04, 2011 01:44

3h escribió:Nice to meet you, selene :)

sory about this bug, it has never happened before and I couldn't reproduce it. I've just made several improvements to prevent sth like this to happen again. It should never be possible to join pieces that are not rotated properly.

As for the maximum number of pieces it is really high. Even more than 2000 pieces if you have 1920x1080 (HD) resolution. And max jigsaw I composed was 300 pieces with rotations turned off and it was finished by my wife actually -tongue. But I'm not an expert ;). I agree that saving a game would be a nice option and I plan to do it although it's quite hard to do technically. Untill then we can set lower numbers of pieces ;). I could even try to do it without "logging in" mechanism.

Comparing to other online games that I found on internet Electric Jigsaw Puzzle has some new features:

- wider range of pieces to cut image into - lets say from 8 to 2000 (depends on screen resolution)
- each jigsaw is generated randomly, plugs and holes are in random places and even puzzle shapes are random so each jigsaw is different
- you can scale your image using the white arrow
- full advantage of fullscreen mode (however I realize some players don't like fullscreen)
- nice high resolution pictures

thanks for your advices :)

Now I did a 620 piece puzzle and it is more difficult if you can't join pieces which are turned :-?
I don't like fullscreen mode either but it's ok.

Well done! i'll use it in FB too. -good
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Notapor 3h » Mar Jul 05, 2011 19:21

Wow, 620 with rotations - impressive -notworthy
I currently work on a version that doesn't require neither full screen nor Facebook. Should be ready soon. Then I will look closer to the rotation issue.
Thanks for feedback, selene
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Mié Jul 06, 2011 20:10

All right guys - I prepared a non-fullscreen, non-facebook version so everyone could try it:

http://tszych.com/ElectricJigsawPuzzle/

Note - this version allows less puzzle pieces as it takes only web browser's window.

P.S. The previous link I supplied is now inactive
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Sab Jul 30, 2011 16:04

I managed to add also a "save game" option. So now composing a 1000 or 2000 pieces jigsaw is not so painful ;)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor francisco » Mar Ago 02, 2011 16:33

Firstly, sorry for my english.

I know a excellent software for make electronic puzzles. I've buyed this software (Jigsaws Galore) 8 years ago and it covers all the possibilities of this game and many others: It can to separate the pieces into 'trays', zooming the pieces, the complexity of pieces is configurable, zooming the jigsaw, generate puzzles for someone (the receiver do not need the program in order to build the solution of puzzle), until 64000 pieces, make a puzzle of any image, the rotation of several pieces is allowed, etc.

This is a extract of the web page:

Choose how many pieces you want for any jigsaw, from 4 to 64,000.
    Authentic classical piece shapes, plus extra fun shapes to choose from.
    Choose the thickness of pieces from foil, paper, card or chunky wood.
    Customize the size, shape and thickness of pieces, even while solving a jigsaw.
    Optionally sort and arrange pieces by similar shape and color automatically.
    Create trays to store and solve parts of the jigsaw puzzle.
    Arrange pieces around the edge of the board.
    Adjustable background ghost image helps solving.
    Pieces can be randomly rotated for an even greater challenge, or try to "beat the clock".
    Create your own new jigsaws. Capture images from the Internet or use your digital camera or scanner to turn your favorite photos into jigsaws.
    Create self-contained "Gift" jigsaws to give to friends. They don't need the game.
    Customize windows with supplied "skins" or add your own.
    Includes a host of fun cheat modes, "Mystery" mode, undo/redo, sounds , background music with MP3, MIDI and WAV file support, screensaver, wallpaper and much more...

If someone are interested, the autor give a fully funcional demo: the web page can be reached at: http://www.dgray.com/

Ive seen other similar software, but this is the best, in my opinion.
francisco
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor naleiged2 » Vie Abr 08, 2016 11:31

Wow I just realized you can select a lot of pieces at the same time and move them together to clear space.

Volver a Around the world